Saturday, October 10, 2015

Adventures. Chapter 7

We reached at St. Joseph college, Nishaghat where fest was held.. Everything was arranged in pomp and show. We were taken away by their hospitality. College campus was really mind blowing. I just loved it. Every nook and corner looks awesome. Garden, buildings, canteen.. Students there were tally vibrant. Specially the volenteers who volenteer different programs. They were really attentive to each students that came there. They well take care of us too. We were really taken awry by their behaviour.
   It was 2 days program. I felt as if I am in a wonderland, a place where my dream come true. The students who came to participate the programs were smart too. Many competitions were there. My name was registered for 3 competitions and one group dance. I was there for soliloquy, speech and monoact. It was hard for me to manage all those at a time.
When program chart came, both monoact and soliloquy was scheduled at a time. And that was difficult for me to manage. Riswan helped me out to arrange my soliloquy to the last in the list so that I may be able to compete both. I was happy that I did my best. Bagging prizes doesn't bother me. What matters me was  whether I was able to do justice to myself.
Oh gosh, I forget to mention.. after my performance, I noticed a guy who performed well for mimicry and monoact. I was really impressed by the way he presented it. He is smart too. Well, speaking about him, he is vibrant, handsome with kinda naughtiness in his smile, funny.. Even his every movement captures attention of others. It was highly elegant. Most importantly, what attracted me at first was his spectacular shoes. It was superb with white strikes. Though the announcements was going on I was able to catch up his name and it was Phelix. But, I didn't get much time to watch out his performance since I too had prepare for the group dance. Thus, first day was over.

It was in the second day that I had to lead the group dance which was my choreography. It was scheduled in the afternoon. Many among us went to home since their program was over. Teena and those who were there in the dance group was left. Teena had to perform in a light music. So she stayed back. After several round of practice, we were back on the seat of audience to watch out other programs that were going on. It was then I noticed Phelix. He was also sitting near by us. He was encouraging the participants, making funny comments and teasing his friends. He was very funny guy. I don't know why, but my eyes were stucked on him. Inbetween his talks he was glancing at me. Or was it just my imagination? Oh, no.. I don't know. It was for the first time ever in my life that I just take this much keen interest in a guy. After the programs, it was announced that group dance will be held at sharp 2pm and participants were requested to report. We got up from our seats and went to green room. Riswan was back after reporting. We all were ready with our costumes and properties. And as it was insisted, we didn't wear our shoes at that moment and planned to wear it before our program since it may get muddy.It was then I noticed, shoes of Riswan was torn. It was not in a condition to use further.. It was really tough for us to manage a shoe at that moment. Then I suggested: wait guys, I guess we can borrow it from someone.
But, it would not be that easy, since we are having a competition I guess no one will offer their shoes even if it is for some time. And boys normally don't give shoes to another boy. If it is a girl, they may.. Said Riswan.
Wait up dude, I will manage to arrange it. You just come along with me, I said. And we started to mess around in search of shoes looking to everyone's legs. It was not that easy as I thought. First of all, we had to find a tall guy like Riswan so that size of shoes will be the same. Secondly, the shoes should be fancy type and should also fit in.
       We noticed many guys moving around with formal shoes and those with fancy type shoes were short enough. So we were about to drop the idea of getting prize in competition since dress code plays a major role in dance. We were embarrassed.. And while walking back, I noticed a shoes of a tall boy which was fancy who was standing beside the reception. To our excitement, it was the same shoes that we were having. Since it was for a boy, we were not sure whether he will give those shoes or not. So I took the initiative to get the shoes as if it is for me. And finally, I reached near by him. And casually, I hit him and pretended as if it happened without my acknowledgement. Since there was a good crowd what I said seems to be true.
We kick off our conversation for few minutes. And after a while I mentioned him that his shoes are spectacular. He was happy to hear that and thanked me for the compliments. I just smiled. After talking a while I realised that he too was there to participate in the dance competition. So I was confused how to ask for his shoes.. From his behaviour and way of talking I understood that he is a good person and was impressed by me and has a likeliness towards me. He enquired my complete details within a short time. I was not having any other way to skip. So I just tell it off since I was sure that we will never gonna meet again.
              And finally, after a bit hesitation I asked, Could you please do me a favour?
Yes ofcourse. What should I do? Justine asked politely.
Then I described him that I was in need of shoes for the dance program and requested him to give me his shoes for 5 minutes. Without any hesitation, he agreed.
Justine: Yep. Why not.. I can give it to you after my dance program. It's first in the list.
I was happy to hear that..
Just then, he said.. Look I guess, this shoes won't fit you. Its big in size than yours..
Hey, it's not for me, but for my friend. Just wait, I will call. After telling that I called Riswan.. Riswan came near by..
Justine never expected a twist.. And was surprised to see Riswan.
But he managed not to show it out. Since he had agreed to give me the shoes he was trapped to give it without any hesitation.
So, Riswan tried the shoes and it was right fit. And we thanked him and had taken his phone number along with us.

The program begins at 2pm. It was then I noticed Phelix standing along with Justine whom we asked for the shoes. And I just scanned them and noticed that both are from same college, GEC, Thrissur. And later I realised that they were good friends. I was surprised to Phelix in dancing costumes and I never thought that he will dance too. First number was called on to the stage. I just watched out their program eagerly. To be blunt, I didn't plucked my eyes from Phelix.. Wow, his performance was astonishing and he really stunned the audience. Enthough his Mates lacked timing, he was simply superb. It was really mind blowing performance for me. No doubt.. I was really moved by his dance.
I never felt it before, not sure whether I will feel the same.. I don't know how to describe it. But I love this feeling.. Am I in love with him? I am confused.. How could a person fall in love like that without knowing a person? Without not even talking to him atleast once..? Don't know.., May be because I have not fallen for anyone before and may be because it's the first time that a person makes me feel like this.. Gross..! I thought I will never be in love and I was a type of girl who criticised love as useless and believed that love is all about lust. But, for me, this is something more than that I thought of love.
     This feel is something magical that makes u feel the snow in your heart and keeps you chill.. Makes you to think about that person, keep gazing on that person stupidly. Is it this feel that makes you feel likeyou are in a snow line? Is this what we call love? Hmm.. Don't know..

It was then Riswan called me to get the shoes from Justine. I accompanied him. Phelix was there with Justine. I just stood silent beside Riswan when he asked the shoes to Justine. This was the first time I felt like my lips closed before a boy. For the first time ever in my life I experienced a shyness to stand before a boy, to look on to the face of a boy and talk to a boy. I considered myself as a bold girl and everyone says the same. In short, I was a typical tomboy.. But I don't know what's happening.. For the first time in my life I feels like I am a girl. I just tried to hide behind Riswan. Phelix was glancing at me, at times he gazed too..
       I felt like to escape from there.. And when Riswan got his shoes, I was in a hurry to go. May be because of my shyness. Before moving from there I told Phelix that his performance was outstanding. And he just smiled and said thanks to me. We just moved from there.
After one more performance, it was ours. We get on to the stage and rocked the stage. We turned up the audience. There was a large support from the side of audience. We were sure of the prize after our performance. We were not sure of the first or second. But we confirmed that we will not miss third position atleast. And I was really happy that we were able to perform well. Moreover it was a chance for me to impress phelix and I didn't missed it. Whether I love him or not, I wanted to impress him.

              And later, when I went to green room, results were announced. Teena came running to me. You know what? We bagged first for dance..
What?? Really?? I was stucked hearing that..
Teena: I have got something to surprise you..
What's that? I asked.
Teena: You know what? I overheard Phelix telling something to Justine about you.
I was dumbstruck to hear that.
Tell me Teena, what's it? Is it something good or is it something bad?
Teena: but, before telling that you should promise me that you will give me a treat for letting you know this.
Okay, I will.. Tell me now.. What's it?
Teena: Array, I will tell you. You need not to be this curious. It's good anyway.
Oh.. Heck...! Go girl.. You should not keep the suspense like this. It's gross.
Teena: Ok.. This is it.. It is Phelix that helped you to get the shoes..
What?? But how come?? I asked.
That's it. He had already noticed you walking around and asking for shoes to many others. And thus, he made his friend to stand with his fancy shoes in reception so that you may get it.
But why?? He don't even know me and moreover I was competing against his group. I said innocently.
Teena: Aaahh.. This is what we call love at first sight..
What?? Yack.. I don't think so. I never felt it that way. And I don't believe in love at first sight. I said eventhough I was not sure what I was telling.
Teena: Actually, when the result was announced I just happened to hear Justine blaming phelix for insisting him to stand with shoes infront of the reception. And he was also saying that if he has not given you the shoes they might be the first.
Oooh... Anyways I have to thank them. I will be back now. This time I got the shoes from Riswan and asked him to call Justine so that we may hand over the shoes to him. He did so. This time, I acted to be bold, keeping my shyness aside and waited for them to give it to them. Justine came along with Phelix. Seeing him, all my boldness melted like a snow. I searched for words. I managed to say thanks to Justine and congratulated them for bagging second.
Phelix took initiative to congratulate me. He told me that my performance was great and those steps that I took was awesome that no girls will ever dare to do it. I felt happy when I hear it from him. It was just like I had climbed whole Mount Everest within seconds. I never felt this excited before.. I managed to say thanks to him by glancing at him. After the programs we packed our belongings and went statutorily railway station. Before we step out from the campus, my eyes once again kept searching for him. But, didn't find him. Within a short time, I realised I was missing something in my heart. A sort of missed feeling.. I just tried to let it go thinking it as infactuation.
We reached the platform at the sharp time. We somehow got the tickets for the train. By then, it was announced that the train will arrive soon in platform number 3. We took our luggage and ran to platform number three. As soon as we reached there, train came and we got into the train. Only 4 second class coaches were there in train. But somehow we got seats. We just stayed relaxed.

No comments:

Post a Comment