Saturday, September 19, 2015

Adventures. Chapter 6

We were waiting for the train to arrive after taking the ticket. Train is ought to come at 7 o'clock. Me, Isha, Riswan, Tina, Nishal and 6 more were there to go to St. Joseph college in Nishaghat. We got in the train which was fine minutes late than expected time. We just checked the seats in general and got some seats to sit. Six of us were managed to get the seats there and the rest four of them including Riswan and Nishal got into the sleeper coach since seats were not enough for all of us.
After a deep breath, I was happily seated near the window. I always love to sit near the side seats. I love journies.. I love to watch out the trees running against our vehicle and to enjoy the gentle breeze intruding my space. After a bit time I took my iPod and plunged my earphones to listen the music. I had listed my favorite songs under the title crazy. I just let it play. And gazed through the window and was amazed by the greenaries over there. I felt as if I had been taken to another world and I imagined myself as a pretty butterfly that flies in the air. I loved to float in the air as if the smoke in the air goes upward and disappear at a particular point. But I was damn sure of the fact that I can't never do this in my whole lifetime. But I would love to imagine those things just like a pretty naughty child.

Listening to a Hindi song, "Mei Isa kyun hu" my thoughts were distracted. I remembered the day which intercollegiate IT fest was held and the cultural programs that were held in the evening. As a hostler, I had nothing to do there. So I seeked the permission of my warden and was out with my friends to watch out the cultural programs in our college. Cultural programs started at 7 pm. We were so punctual. Many students from different colleges were present for the fest. I never expected this mass of spectators. The Crowd was so large that we struggled to maintain a seat. And finally we got the seat. Taniya also joined us. She was so amazed to see our college that was well constructed with all facilities. It was then I noticed Isha who was seated in the opposite section of our row. I winged my hands at her and seeing me she said me hai. I insisted her to be seated near by me since a chair was free. She came near by. Eventfully different programs went on through the stage. Songs, dance, skit, drama, mimicry and so on. There were intercollegiate dance competition too. The spot choreography towards the end of the dance competition seems very funny. All of them played differently, at some moment there was a good chemistry and synchronisation between them. At the other moment, their dance was utter fiasco. After that, a group of children stepped on the to the stage and dance. It was highly funny. If matured people on the stage get on to the stage and make mistakes it's an offense. But when children makes mistake they are really cute to watch. Children's keen looks to other partner to notice the following steps and thier facial expressions when they go wrong, their attempts to take up the glittering bands that had fallen on floor of the stage, boys' attempts to tighten their dhotis during the dance steps when their actions out of the box when those dhotis were about to fall down were funny and lead us to laughter. Being with children always keeps you happy.
   After their performance, there was an announcement. "Eventually one more performance to go. An astonishing dance performance by Riswan from De Paul arts and science college will be the last and final performance tonight." The college they announced was indeed my college. And I wondered whether it's Riswan from my class. Albeit curtain was raised. I was dazed to see Riswan dancing along with the music "Mei Isa kyun Hu" and that was one of the stunning performance. I made an outcry that outcompasses the college desciplines when I saw him taking few difficult steps which cannot be easily played without heavy practices.. People from Manglore shout aloud if they like a stage performance instead of clapping. I had a great crave to dance on the stage when he performed since I love dance. I guess every dancer who stays aback on their seats as a spectator may naturally have an urge to dance while watching a spectacular performance on the stage. Isha was highly moved by his dance. And when I did made the outcry, she pinched me with her nails telling me, that's an awesome performance and you should not do this. And I explained her that it's a part of Manglore culture and we do it out of excitement. One of my classmates who had his number called him over the phone and congratulated him. And Tina messaged him that his dance was astonishing along with the list of the names who were seated there. Isha asked Tina to add her name too. And she did.
When the program was over, Isha was not able curb her urge to congratulate him. So she forced me to run along the varandah with her to meet him and to congratulate him. Ofcourse, he is a good dancer I agree. But I don't think that he is that 'great' in dancing. And I was not moved by his dance as Isha did. And I found Isha's behaviour bit awkward. Anyhow, we waited him to come out from his dressing room. He was really tired and sweats were rolling down from his forehead to cheeks as he comes out of the room. He wiped it away with his towel which was there in the pocket. As he stepped out from the room he smiled. Isha out of excitement told him that his dance was awesome and she never expected that he could dance like this. I had also planned too congratulate him, but hearing what Isha told I thought not to highlight greatness of his dance that much so that he may not brag himself than what he actually is. So out of bit hesitation I told him that he did a good job and his dancing was also good. I walked forth even without waiting for Isha to come. While I walked off with a covert jealous of his performance Isha persuades praising him which was highly irritatable for me.

It was out of the tickling of Ticket Checker that I was taken away from my memories. I was able to provide my tickets to him and he signed all our tickets and returned it back. He spoke to us in Telungu, a language which was unfamiliar for us. He was not that good in English too. When the train reached the next station he stepped down and proceeded to the sleeper coach where Riswan, Nishal and the rest of the team were present. We wondered how they managed with a general ticket in the sleeper coach.
    Within 5 minutes we arrived at the station. It was 9 am already. We were insisted to be present in the college at 9.45. When the train stopped we run towards Riswan and Nishal to know what happened. They were standing there with a chuckle on their face. When we asked Nishal replied. While seeing T.T Riswan walked straightly to toilet. And me and the rest two walked towards the end of the compartment and stood near by the door. He came near to me and asked me the tickets. I showed the general ticket. He said something to me in Telungu. I haven't understood anything. But I realised that he was scolding me from his tone. So since I was not sure of Telungu, I replied in Hindi. He questioned me in Telungu and again I replied in Hindi. The same thing repeated for five minutes. Eventually, he was fed up and went away. Thus we were rescued.
That was nice.. I said.
We walked to an auto stand and hired a taxi so that we may reach in the college with in the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment