Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Adventures. Chapter 9

As usual, I wake up at 6Am hearing the bang sound of alarm. It was while switching off alarm that I remembered the about the late night text and my carelessness to turn off net.
'Oh Gosh..' I turned off net.
Message from Phelix was notified in the corner of the phone.
I just read it.
"It didn't took me a long to find out you. I had got you from the train itself. I guess there is no one other than you with the name Irine Jaek in your college. So it was easy for me."
Oh you are too fast.. Huh..??
How are you? I texted.
I am fine. And you?
Am good.
When are you returning Irine?
I think I will return on Monday. Am already tired. So guess that I may bunk the class on Monday.
Fine.. Sometimes breaking the rules are good. Well, I'll return today evening probably. Said Phelix.
Me just send a winking smily.
You are a type of talkative guy. You are good in initiating conversations and You always walk around doing something and you don't like to stay idle. And for your information, you have a good leadership quality.. I texted.
Continue Irine. A text popped up.
Well, you are not introvert, Extrovert indeed. You like to do help others when they are in need of. And you will share your problems who are okay for you and seek suggestions rather than finding a solution from others. Above all, you are easily approachable.
Wow.. That's really great. Short time, precised observations. And that's really true in my case..
Really?
Yeah.. You are..
So am I good in analyzing people?
Yup. Ofcourse you are. I am really impressed. I will give you 9 out of 10.
O... That's fine.. :) Thank you..! I texted back.You know what? I know bit psychology. Well, I am already out of time now.. Have to go to church. Get you later.. Bye.. Have a nice day.
Hmm.. Your psychology works anyhow. Same there Irine Jaek.. Bye.

Days passed. The curiosity, eagerness to text in the first day was no more for Irine. The day that she met Phelix now turns like a dream for her. A dream is effective while you see it. But, when you finish it off.. It just remain as a dream. There is nothing new and active in it. She lived in the moment indeed. But she didn't feel like to take it further..

Why is it so? Irine introspect herself.. May be it might not be love. Just an infatuation.  Or is it because, loving someone is not my cup of tea..?  Hmm.. Don't know..
If I was not been in touch with Phelix in Facebook, he might be holding a position of hero in my mind. But right now.. he seems like to be someone that is familiar to me just like a neighbor near by my house so that I don't feel like to love him since I am used to him. After all, he is just like any other guy.

People are like books with cover pages. Some looks good and attractive in cover, but when you get into the stuff there won't be nothing interesting. Some are like the books with not that attractive cover. But they might be beautiful in its content and when you get into it you may really love it. Some are like the books with cover, whether it's attractive or not, it takes a long for you get is content. Sometimes you have to reread, analyse and ponder on it to understand what exactly it is. Some are exactly like what they looks like in cover. Nothing there will be interesting but stay like what we think it to be.

Phelix may be one of those persons just like the book with an attractive cover and nothing interesting in it other than the cover. Or is it because I don't try even to read it up..? Hmm.. I don't know..! Sometimes, the beauty of a flower will fade away when it is plucked from its plant. Forbidden fruits are always enchanting until our hands reach it. But once we reach it, the whole beauty will disappear.

Irine just went back to the memories of her school days.. And just remembered a guy she met there. It was during the arts day she met him. The whole school were divided into four groups. Red, yellow, green and blue so that students may prepare for the competition accordingly. And she was in yellow group and so was that guy. And they happened to be there in a group song. He was very active and easily grabs everyone's attention. He was good in singing, interactive and ofcourse a flirting type of guy.

Irine also happened to notice him. But was not that interested in him when all girls were after him. He took the advances to speak to her, interact with her and to tease her.. He picks her song book in which lyrics was scribbled down and go through it. He was the one with no formalities and behave casually as if they were already known for years. Other than the lyrics, Irine had written about her likes, dislikes, birthday, favorites and even drawn some of beautiful pictures and jotted down some poems by her own. He goes through it like the hell. It was after a bit that she remembered there was something more in that book other than lyrics. She tried to grab it from him. But he didn't give it to her. And the idea of getting the book back was really in vain since he was taller than her and she was tired running around him.
Then he took one of her poems and started to tune it.
Allen.. Could you stop it please..!
I hate when someone recites my poem before me.. You are just like my mother. She used to do the same. She takes my poems from my desk without my acknowledgement and tease me by reciting it infront of me. And I hate it like the hell.
Oh... Is it your poem??
Damn it.. I might not have screamed out like that.!! Nope.. I tried to defend.
Stop beating around the bush. I know it's your work. You really writes well!
Could you please stop mocking at me? I know it's all a crap.

To be honest, I was not that interested in writing poems eventhough I like to read it. But, I just planned to write some when I saw my friends writing poems beautifully. And those poems I scribbled down were just a try.. So I was actually ashamed to show those to someone else. Finally, I succeeded in getting my book back from him. And in between he had gone through the pages where I jotted down my likes and dislikes, favourites.

After few days.. Practices of group song was really hard for me. I was not able to analyse and sing a note which was a key of the song. I was in despair. By realising that it was difficult for me to make it up, he told me that he will help me to get it. So he called for the practice in Saturday too only for me and another boy who was not that good in singing. I was sad that I miss a holiday. And before I go home, he asked me my phone number to get me so that he may contact me for the purpose of practice. Well, I gave him both my telephone number and mobile number.

He started to text me. He never forget to greet me good morning, good evening and good night. That was funny indeed. If someone wish thou good, will it be good? Will a bad day changes to be good for the sake that they wished? I don't know.. Sometimes with their inner power of mind or with the prayers they make, a day might turn better when they wishes us good deep from their heart.

I was happy that he came forward to help me before I request him. Moments like that are really awesome. Those who realise our problems even before we plan to tell them are really beautiful. Having those friends are blessing. He helped me out to get those notes, high and low pitch in the song and I was happy that I was able to sing it which I thought impossible. Well, with that incident, we became good friends, he started teasing me, irritate me and make me laugh until my stomach aches.. and even started to fight with me in a playful manner. I just loved to hang around him. We were very good friends within no time. Though we were good friends many supposed that we were lovers. Allen got few prizes for light music and karaoke and so on. Me too got first prize for short story, essay and urudu recitation. And what interesting was it was my first attempt in writing story. I never expected a first. And I was shocked when it was announced that I got A grade for my story. And it was funny that I hesitated to compete for story writing and it was because of Allen that I participated in it.

  Everything ended well. And Allen had promised me a chocolate if he won first prize in light music. And when he did, he gave me a chocolate. Many saw him giving me chocolate and many of my friends teased him for not giving them chocolate eventhough he knows them for years. And he tried to scoot up explaining that it was because of the bet that we made.
        One day, I saw him standing along with my junior girl who was beautiful indeed. She was also a flirting type and actually I don't like her character. I hate girls who flirts. And I hate girls who persuade boys to fall in love with them with their flirting gestures and luring talks. She was one of those. Anyway, I teased him for talking to her.. And I commented him.. "Mmm.. Something is fishy here.. let it be.. Go on boss.."
He is always like that, he will be hanging with girls every time whenever I notice him. Since it was usual, I didn't felt anything bad in that. And I had taken his behaviour for granted. So I just teased him calling out his name with my junior and walked away. He stopped conversation with her then and came after me and yelled at me.. Scolded me. It was the first time that I saw him damn serious and I was scared indeed. I did it for fun and he was kinda serious. He scolded me and told me that there is nothing between them. I clarified him that I was just kidding.

Why was he that serious? I don't know.. I did it just for a fun. Is it that dangerous sin? Sometimes character of boys may not be easily caught up. They do things with some hidden intention.
And later his friends started to tease me by calling his name along with me.. Which I hate most in my life. I don't like my name called along with a boy. And I never wanted others to speak bad about me. I just stared at them harshly and walked away. I was angry with them as well as Allen. I just felt like hitting them. I took up my phone to call him and scold him. But, I stopped.. Why should I? It's better not to talk him so that I can stop their suspicious comments.

For the next few days, I didn't text him nor talked to him at school. I just simply avoided him. One day during the interval, while I was completing my physics note he get in my class and asked me the reason for avoiding him nor texting him. Everyone was staring at him since he was the one from commerce. I felt bit awkward. But, I managed to tell him that I will explain it later. That day, I called him up and told him the reason and expressed my anger towards him. 
He told me sorry and promised me that he will scold his friend and they will no more tease me calling his name. Things were okay between us and we stayed as good friends.
       The very next day was my birthday and I haven't even told it to him. For me Birthday is just like any other day. And what makes it beautiful is the wishes from dear and near ones. My parents and relatives wished me early in the morning and when I took up my phone there was an unread message. "Happy birthday to you my cute friend." I was amazed to see that it was from him. I wondered how he got it. And I asked him about the source. With a small smile, he told me "I got it from your book. The book which you wrote your poems."

Wow.. It was too back and we were not at all friends then.
Well, I had noticed it and had jotted it down in my diary.
"Oh.." I smiled.
I had never been this intimate to boys in my life. I didn't had an elder brother. I always loved to have one. Allen was more than a friend to me. Sometimes he even act as if my elder brother, scolds me when I go wrong. He was just like a cousin brother for me. Friendly as well as brotherly.

In between our talks, he speaks about him. The girls whom he was after. And how he made them fall for him. Even he makes bet with his friends and then chase a girl and finally makes them to fall in love with him. That was really a new information for me. The making of bets for a girl. I wondered what's there in it? Is love a game? How could one play with the heart of a girl? I felt bad when I heard that. And I told him not to do so. And he agreed.

Rumours were spread in the school like Allen was trying me and I was the last one to know it. Well, I didn't reacted to this. I just acted as if I knew nothing. Well, board exams of +2 was approaching within weeks. And I was studying hard and kept myself busy. He kept texting me. Other than greetings, I noticed his texts turns to be poetic. Some were love messages. I just avoided them casually like forwarded messages. Farewell was conducted 1 week before exams. Students who were interested to do Duet songs and single songs were given the names. He too had given his names for both.
After giving his name for duet, he insisted me to sing for duet. I was really stucked.
Me?? To sing song?? Alone?? No way..
Not alone, I am there no??
But.. No other female is there no? I had never did it alone. So, I won't be doing this too.
No.. You have to. I had already given your name.
Without my concern??
Nope, I thought you will.
I won't Allen.. I won't. It will never gonna happen.
Then what should I do? Should I sing alone? I can't strike my name. Nor madam won't allow that.
So what should I do? Did you ever asked me? How could you give my name without my concern?
See, I am sorry.. But please sing this song.. Just for me...
Better you concern Asha. She is a good singer and she is experienced to.
But I need YOU on stage. Not her.
If you ever dare to get the howls from the audience, I may. My presence on stage will only help you to ruin it. It won't help you in anyway. So I am gonna strike out my name. I will see madam and strike it out.
See Irine, I trust you.. I TRUST YOU..! I know that you can do it. You can do better than Asha. You catch up things easily. I remember  how easily you studied those classical notes while practicing for that group song. It's not that easy to grasp for those who don't have any basics in classics. But you did. So please.. This is my request. Please do it for me.

I didn't said anything. I didn't went to staffroom either to strike my name. I was just thinking over what he said. Will I be able to do? What if I did? And thus, I made up my mind to sing with him. And the very next day, I texted him that I am ready. And after practices, we did great on the stage. Everyone appreciated me for singing it well and they appreciated my voice too. Even those who were not familiar to me appreciated me. I was really dumbstruck.That was the day I realised my talent to sing.. And that too because of Allen. I was really happy to have him as a good friend in my life.

Final exams were going on. And one more day was to go for the last exam. Allen texted me to wait for him in the last day after the exams. And told me that he had something to tell. That day, father told me that he will be in the town when I finish my exams so that were can come together. Exams were over and soon after the exams I went to town so that I may come back with my dad. Moreover I never felt it like this is the last day in my school nor I won't be anymore in school.

When I reached home, I gotta message from Allen. Where the heck are you??
Goddamn.. I had forgotten..
I am sorry.. I forget. What was that you had to tell? Anything urgent?
No.. Nothing urgent. You didn't wait no? So you need not know..
I told you I am sorry.. And really I am.. Tell me, what was that?
Am bit busy. Get you later. Allen texted and didn't replied me till night.

And after a long, he accepted my apologies and texted as usual.
Suddenly he came up with a question.
What if I tell you that I love you.
What?? No way.. Don't act funny.. I texted back.
Hey I am serious, answer me.
Is it a joke? I am damn sure that you won't. Then why should I think over it? Haha.. Now stop playing..!
Irine.. I just need your answer..
Are you in nuts?? You don't.. Then why should you ask me this?? Whether you are playing or not, You are 1 year younger than me. And this love won't work.
Well, I W.. Now reply.
What's there in W? I don't get it..
Ok.. it is I LOVE YOU.. Now give your reply.
I don't know actually how I will respond to it. I am too young to think about love now.
Irine..I am serious.. I love you. I don't know how.. But.. But I love you. I had been after many girls. But never been in love with them. Meeting you was an incident. To be sincere, I too had made bet on you that I will make you fall. But, instead of you.. I had fallen for you. I love you for real. I am not telling you this because I made a bet. But, it comes from my heart. I thought I could get you easily.. But when I came to know you I realized that you are not the one who falls for someone easily. Your character, personality all made me fall for you. You are really amazing. I like you a lot.

I never expected this move from him. I was really dumbstruck. Many guys proposed me before. But I never had to think twice to reject them.. It was for the first time in my life that someone close to me porposes me. And I don't really know how to respond. Actually, I like him a lot. But never thought of loving him. And moreover loving someone was a great sin for me. I was confused what to tell. If it's a no I am sure that I will hurt him. If it's an yes, I can't really deal like that.

      I just kept silent for a few days and told him that "I like you a lot but never thought of loving you. This is not an Yes or No indeed. And I don't know what it should be like.."

After that I felt a great gap. A big hole between us. The casual talks, funny fights.. everything was taken away from us. I was more formal, more conscious and I even felt as if I speaks to a stranger. The one whom I was very free seems to be the one very formal. I don't know what was in my head those days. Number of my messages were reduced and I was not sure what was going on.. I am not a shy type like any other girls. I have the guts to speak alone to a group of boys. And I was bold enough to face any boy. But this incident made me someone else. I just wanted to be the one that I was. I tried to be like the good friends like we were earlier. But I was not able to. A sort of distance was already there. If I could erase that incident, that proposal from my life, we might be good friends forever. But, there was no option of playback button in our lives. And that's what makes it interesting. He loves me. And that was the beginning and end of it. I was relieved that I don't need to face him anymore since school days were over.
        Months passed, and I got admission in new college. I was Busy with new friends, new life styles and got easily adapted to the rules and regulations in hostel. Meanwhile, I changed my sim. I stopped calling him. But I never forgets to wish him on his birthdays. A break was a must for me and for him to move on..
        It was few weeks before that I removed him from the blocked list in Facebook. And still we remain as good friends.
Sometimes love is like that, it's beautiful until before when both knows that they like each other and struggles a lot to confess it. And when once it is confessed, the game changes.. the situations, personality, behaviour, thoughts, determination, attitude everything changes. It can be either positive or negative. But once when you are in love, the whole world around you changes.

Irine... Come here.. Called my mom. It's time for the breakfast. Where are you? She will never come in time.. I got angry hearing her usual complains.
Here.. I am coming..!! I got up from my bed to have my breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment