Sunday, October 11, 2015

Adventures. Chapter 8

Everyone was happy that we bagged the first prize for group dance in the inter collegiate fest. Me too. But I was really grateful to Phelix for helping us to get the shoes for the dance. Eventhough he was one of our competitors I was moved by his generosity. But I was sorry that I was not able to talk to him properly. I plugged in my earphones and listened to some romantic songs since it takes a long for me since I am going home that day. After sometime, some of us got down in the respective stations. When train slowed down to stop in the coming station, I just got up from my seat so that I may wash my face and to get something to eat. After stepping few steps forward I felt as if someone familiar to me sitting on one of those seats. I just ignored it thinking it might be some illusion. When I was back, I heard someone calling me. I was dumbstruck when I turned around. It was him.. Phelix.
   Hey... You...?? How?? You have to go to to Thrissur no?? I asked.
Phelix: Well, I study there. But, my home is in Neelgiri. So I am going home now.
Me: Really?? Me too going home.
Phelix: So you are in hostel. Right?
Me: Yeah.
Phelix: Where is your home then?
Me: My native place is in Gurudwar. But, my grandmother lives in Neelgiri.
Phelix: Wow, that's nice. Hope we can meet from there when you come there.
Me: I won't go there very often but Rarely..
Phelix: Why? Don't you like your grandmother?
Me: No not because of that, it's too long for us to travel.
Phelix: hmm.. Ok understood. I was just kidding.
Me: That's fine.
Phelix: By the way, where are you studying?
Me: I am from DePaul arts and science college, Guruduar.
Phelix: By the way your full name please?
Me: Irine Jaek. And your is Phelix. right?
Phelix: Ohh.. It's good to know your name. By the way what are you doing now? I mean course.
Me:Well, Am doing my PG course First year. Journalism.
Phelix: Well, I am doing C.A. This z d final year.
Me: Wow, that's great. I guess you are a genius. Normally, no one dare to pick up that course since it is really tough.
Phelix: Not because of that.. I like this course. But it's not that easy as you think. It's really tough to study.
Me: I know yar. Many of my friends are doing this course. And then, still there are papers for them to pass. And what about you?
Phelix: With god's grace I was able to pass it all.
Me: Great, you are a genius then.
Phelix: Hey.. Nothing like that. Aay.. Irine Jaek, my station is approaching.. I have to get down there. Are you coming to home?
Me: Aaeyy,, no.. You are so funny. How could you invite a stranger to your home like that?
Phelix: I guess we are no more strangers. We are friends already.. I think so..
Me: Really?
Phelix: Isn't it so?
Me: Yeah..
Phelix arranged his bag and got ready to get down in the next stop.
Phelix: If God allows, we may meet from Neelgiri when you comes to meet your Grandmother.
Me: mm..
I just nodded my head as he said that.
Me: He stood up as train was approaching his station.
Phelix... I called.
Me: You are really a great dancer and it was really mind blowing..
Don't drop it.
Phelix: Nope, Never.. Because it's this craze to the dance that made us friends. And I really wish to get a good partner like you..(after a gap he said) I mean.. in dance. You really amazed me.
And I liked your guts too.. the way you asked the shoes to my friend..
Me: Oh.. Thanks.. you came to know about that too.. Hmm!
I said casually.I was really excited to hear that. But, I sat down without showing it out. This is what makes a girl different from a boy. Girls normally won't express it out where as boys will.
Phelix: Bye, Irine Jaek.. See you soon..
Me: Bye...
Me too said 'bye' by revising those words in my mind.

When he climbed down I checked whether he looks at me. He didn't.. So I kept myself busy by removing those food particles and paper pieces. And finally, when the train started to move. I simply looked back. He was gazing at me already and winged his hands to bid goodbye. Me too winged back.

After a bit, I got an idea of getting him in Facebook. So I started to search for him. But what makes it difficult was I was not knowing his full name. So I just searched him with his name and college. I got many others. But not him. Then I searched with his name and his native place too. That too didn't worked. I was embarrassed. Heck..!! The urge to find him out in the Facebook was very strong. But all my attempts were in vain.. Eventually, I liked a page of his college.
       Then I just dropped that idea of searching him in Fb. And I thought, if he too feels the same, he too will also be trying to reach me in Facebook. And if he doesn't he may not. So, consciously or unconsciously I awaited for his friendship request since my attempts were futile. And just checked out Fb for his request in every half an hour. But didn't see one.It was then that I remembered about my profile picture. It was the one with my long hair which was taken 1 year back. So I just updated it with one of my latest picture, with my shortened hair so that it will help him to send me a friendship request.

            So I let it go like that. And when I reached home, I was taken away from his thoughts. And so I got engaged with many other things and had forgotten about him. And when I was about to take a nap in the night. I just simply switched on the internet to check the latest mail and to my surprise I saw a notification. Phelix Philip sends you a friendship request in Facebook. By seeing that, all my sleep was gone. I sign in the Fb and was amazed to see that it was him. I confirmed it and Checked his profile pictures and other albums. I was amazed to see that he was the volenteer of NSS unit. And photos of his speech and various other programs. I checked him in online. But it was notified that he was active one hour ago. I texted him.
"Hey crazy.. Never thought that you would send me a friendship request in Fb. You might had struggled a bit to get me. Hope you reached home safely. Sleep tight, take care, gunnyt."
Texting this, I fall asleep..

2 comments:

  1. its interesting.
    after reading dis I also got same feeling ....that I missed phelix :-(

    ReplyDelete