Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Adventures. Chapter 11

I was back to my college as usual. Exams were announced. We were busy studying. Things were getting into right track. Students started to worry about their studies. Principal had announced that mark list will be published on the notice board after the exams. Irine was one of the first 5 toppers in the class. Teachers were having great expectation on her since she had good marks for the class test. There were some who were not that studious in the class. So they requested Irine to help them in studies. Irine was happy to do that. She was really fond of lecturing and had planned to take it as a profession. She arranged an evening class for the backward students in the class.

   That was a Friday evening, exams are to start on Monday. She took her books and walked through the basket ball court. And sat down beneath the shady trees along with her friends. She started to take the class. While she was taking class, Tony switched on his mobile inorder to record her lectures so that he may listen to it later. He took the recording app. Irine explained everything pretty well. Everyone agrees that she is good in lecturing. She forwards many simple example so that each and everyone can easily understand it. Towards the end of the section an outcry was heard from Tony. When we enquired he replied desperately,
"O my gosh.. I had forgotten to click on the record button while you were lecturing. And now I missed them all. I thought I could study something listening to it. What will I do now? Could you please repeat it again Irine?" He asked.
Hearing this hilarious comment with an innocent face and cute expressions made us to laugh out louder. He was a cheeser in our class. We were not able to stop our laughter though we tried to.

     We get into our exam days.. We missed our leisure time, play hours, the time that we spend in canteen and all the blah blah. After the exam of mass media, I was just checking out the answers with Tina and was happy to find it right. Meanwhile, while turning the pages of question papers my pen slipped from my hands. It was one of the my costly pen that I values a lot, Parker rolled down and fall down on the roof tile of the second floor. I asked for the help. Many listened to but no one was ready to get it for me. All were busy with their own works and that was disgusting. Moreover, it was highly difficult to get it since the one who get over there have the likeliness to fall down from the second floor.It was then that Neeraj who came forward to help me out with 'I don't care' attitude. He just jumped down and reached the end of the roof and got me the pen. While he was jumping down many called out,
"Neeraj.. don't jump, exams will come and go. We could write the supplementary exams."
They were asking him not to commit suicide. Hearing this many laughed.
            I was really happy that he did it for me. He was my classmate. I had noticed him before but never felt greatness for him. But now, I was grateful to him and was not knowing how to thank him enough. With that incident, we  were closer enough and finally we were thick friends within no time. There was such a bond between us. We make silly fights for no reason, finish up chalks in the class by throwing it at each other, playing cricket with paper balls and books, making comments on others, will break up friendship almost everday and will make it out very soon before that day ends. We go to canteen.. eat hardly and sleep together in class during lectures. we get scolded by teachers and were send out of the class for fighting during the class hours. When that just happens we go to library and just play with books which may finally ends up with the yelling of librarian.
          Neeraj is such a naughty guy. He was such a silent guy. Even his presence in the class was unnoticed by teachers. No one in the class gave any attention to him since he was not the center of attraction. He was an introvert. He never interacted with people around him. He was simple, ordinary guy. He was not that handsome but was an OK type guy. He was very reserved and was not that studious too. I felt like changing him. I just wanted him to come out of his shell.
      One day, I happened to listen him humming a song. And that was really awesome. I felt like saying wow.. But I kept mum since I was sure that if I say 'wow' he will stop singing. I must say, he sang it astonishingly, with that classical touch in it. He was not trained, but he was great in singing the notes perfectly. And he happened to sing it unconsciously.
       I just enquired him and listed down his favorite songs and favourite singers. He said it. After that I just sang the half of his favorite song. And just stopped. He was listening to it. And when I paused singing it, he can't resist singing the rest of it since it was his favorite. So he did. He sang it very well that I felt like listening to it again and again. His voice was so sweet that one can sense the divinity in it.
      I had noticed different people singing. Everyone of us are like that. When our favorite songs are played and paused, we will continue singing the rest of song eventhough we were silent listeners till then. It doesn't matter whether you are a good or bad singer, but we will just sing it out. And that often happens unconsciously. I just made use of this technique here to get across and make him sing to know how good he sings. And I must say, he was stunning.
          I didn't asked him to sing a song directly because I was sure that he will be reluctant to sing it. He was bit shy type of guy and had no confidence in singing a song before others since he never did it before. After listening his songs number of times, (which he happened to sing unconsciously) I told him that his song was mind blowing. And just asked him to sing it again. But he was shy to sing a song when someone ask him to do so. He says that he like to sing when it comes voluntarily but not on a request. But he promised to sing a song for me.
         I wanted to let him know that he sings stunningly. And I was sure that he won't believe me since he was not confident in himself. I wanted to build up that confidence in him.I know that confidence can be brought up in a person only through appreciation. And what he all need was a platform or a terrain to be appreciated. So one day in class during the break, I just forced him to sing a song in the class. With bit hesitation he sang me a song since he value me. I know he will do it for me since he likes me. He was bit louder enough for others to listen. My classmates come joining me one by one. His song was that attractive that everyone paused their work and came near by us to listen him singing. Towards the end the whole class remained there listening his song. The funny thing was, he sang the song by closing his eyes to concentrate on it and therefore he didn't even bother about the loudness of his song. And when he opened his eyes, he was actually surprised to see the whole class listening to him. He was shy that he tried to scoot over. But, everyone kept telling him that he sings amazingly, "we want it once more". He looked me with bit hesitance. I smirked.
He sang it again. Everyone appreciated him and told that, " we never knew that you sing this awesome."
Me too.. He whispered looking at me. I smiled him back.
I asked him.. "So are you willing to believe that what I said was right?"
About what?
About your song. I told you no? You sing beautifully and you were reluctant to believe it. And could you believe it now since the whole class told it to you?
"Hey crack... I just love the way that you are in my life. You are so crazy that I can't resist myself hanging out with you. I am so happy to have you as my friend. You are so special and amazing that I never had a friend like you ever before..!!"
He said that with a spark in his eyes. I could sense how happy he was.. Me too was happy to listen to those words that came from the depth of his heart. And I realized that he got that confidence to believe in himself, to believe in his talent of singing, out of the appreciation of the whole class.
Really? I asked.
Yeah.. He replied.
So, if you wanna me to believe it you should promise me something.
Yeah, what is it ?
Promise me that you will do what ever I ask..
Well, I promise you that I will do anything that is possible by me for you to believe that you really means a lot to me.
'Okay..' I smirked and told him that.. " I wanted you to sing on the stage during the youth festival "
What?? He was stucked.
Sing?? On the stage?? No..
It's not possible.. I am not that good in singing.
Can you please stop this Neeraj. It is just now that everyone appreciated you for your song. And why do you hesitate to sing it on the stage. You are well talented. And what's wrong if you show it out! you worth a try..! Well, just wait up.. I will prove it. Let's ask to the class. Saying this, I stepped forward infront of the class.

Guys, I wanna ask you something.. Do you think Neeraj is good enough in singing and he will be amazing if he sing it on the stage for this youth festival?? Those who favours please raise your hands.

Everyone of them raised their hands calling out Neeraj's name. This is how I convinced him that he is talented. At first, he was having only me as a good friend. May be because I am a tomboy and easily gets along with boys that they consider me as one among them. There was no barrier of gender to get along with me. Ofcourse, other girls envy and grudge me for this reason. Because they were not able to get along with boys this easily. After this, friends circle of Neeraj started to grow, he got many new friends among boys as well as girls. He gotta some fans too. He was suddenly turned as the center of attraction. His introvert behavior get changed. He started to mingle with all. He became more interactive. He was active in class and even speak blunders in the class and make the class laugh during boring lectures when teachers ask him questions. Everyone started to like him. His absence made our class boring.

After many failed attempts, one day he promised me that he will sing a song on the stage. And I was really happy that he considered me..
That evening, I took up my dairy and scribbled..
"Neeraj is a very good friend that I can ever have. He is such a funny and crazy guy whom I like to hang around. Everyone is jealous of our friendship. There is such a great bond between us. Sometimes I even felt like our friendship is stronger than blood relations. Happy to have that idiot in my life. I wish I could've maintained this friendship till the end of my life. Friends for ever." After noting it down. I just drew a cartoon of Neeraj.. With big specs, long thin legs and spring hair that curls and falls over his face. And I just smiled looking at my naughty work. Because I knew he will kill me if he ever happen to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment