Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Adventures. Chapter 4

Principal had already started with his morning talk during the assembly. He was giving a moral talk targeting those backbenchers that always creates nuisance in every classrooms. He mentioned the urgency of the job and the necessity of studies to make a living now a days. After his morning talk he mentioned that Lakshmi ma'am was met with an accident and was injured while riding her scooter last day and is admitted in Vinayaka hospital.
       I remembered the incident which the cross falled down and the Christ was separated that day. I was able to relate that incident with this.
    Assembly was dispersed. I moved on to the class along with others passively. It was true that I prayed to god that not to let her come to college on the day which I was least prepared for the presentation. But I never intended this to happen. When we reached the class we planned to visit her in the evening after the class.
   Classes were going on as usual. Some started to draw cartoons in their notes. Some commented the teachers, some had started to dwell into their hobby of sleeping during class hours, some studious students were still attentive in the class. Me and my gang were partly attentive in the class and was also having some side business of chatting with the help of paper pieces that were passed inbetween the class.
     It was then Isha remembered an incident that happened last day and kept laughing.. When I asked, she told me that she will reveal it after the class. I was curious and kept on asking her what was it all about? Then she told that it was something related to her neighbourhood. I kept quiet and waited for the bell to rang. When the bell goes, I asked her to narrate it.
Trying to stop the chuckling, Isha said. Near by our house, a new lower class family was settled recently. The house owner of that house, Narayanan is a teetotaler and he comes home drunk. The whole day before having alcohol, he is in madly love with his wife so that everyone feels jealous to them. And admires how cute couple they are.. But once when he drinks alcohol and comes home in the night, he starts to say fucking words and freaks out his wife by beating her until he gets tired. The moment when he starts beating, his wife will begin to run around the house as well as through the farmland like a hen that is chased by a fox inoder to escape his beats. We also used to hear their loggerheads in the late nights and the heavy voices of throwing things at each other along with sounds of the scared barking of dogs.
       One day, she came to my house and complained to my father about his behaviour. And my father's suggestion to resolve the problem was like "why should boys have all the fun.." He asked her that why should you recieve all the beats that he gives and keep mum?? Why couldn't you beat back?? She listened to it and went away.
The very next day, I had heard that Narayanan is in hospital. And the reason was.. 'Why should boys have all the fun attitude of his wife.' She gave a big blow to her husband with a stick that lied there and his head is now bandaged that he won't even call a bad word for two three days.
  Wow.. That's readily a nice attitude. 'Why should boys have all the fun..' I said.
  That evening as per our planning, we went to meet Lakshmi ma'am in the hospital. To our surprise we happened to see Narayan and his wife there. I felt so funny when I saw them both together after listening to their funny story. His wife was heavily in love with him and was feeding him with great care. And Narayan was highly satisfied by the way she treats him and was happy for her by his side. Seeing them together, one might possibly think that instance of their fights in the last night is just a cooked up story.
  While walking back to my hostel, I was just thinking about those couples. I was really wondered by meeting these characters in my life and was confused as well. How could two of them be so loving after a big fight that injures ones head? Was it just a drama to show off.. Or is it the magic that really happens out of hallucination after having alcohol? How could a man that is so divine can act as hell after taking alcohol and how could a man act so normal as if nothing happened after the hang over.. It's really mysterious.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment